Monday, January 17, 2011

Cover Envy (13)

I'm really excited to bring this feature back!


It's that time of week again! I'm showing another couple of covers that make me green with envy and stuck sitting on my hands until the novels they cover come out.

I hope you enjoy!




Clarity by Kim Harrington- I love the white space on this cover. It gives it a really fresh an vibrant feeling and the light blue of the lettering in the bottom background is amazing. The look on the model's face intrigues me and the sun spots on her hair and near her eyes are a really interesting touch. Overall, this is a cover to swoon over.


Summary from Goodreads:



When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

Clarity comes out March 1,2011.

Die For Me by Amy Plum- This novel cover follows the trend of a dark background but I love the bright blue of the model's dress and the purple red of the boat. This is going to sound silly but the purple red makes me even happier because the author's last name is Plum. Because this is a novel set in Paris, I look the romantic feeling of the boat but it interwoven with the slightly creepy background. Amazing cover!

Summary from Goodreads:

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. She finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.

Die For Me comes out May 10, 2011.

So what covers are you envious for?

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Die For me. I can't wait for it to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read Clarity. It has a awesome cover and an a cool bio. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Die for Me! I also like Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury, Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis, Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini and The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney...and many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen