Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jennifer Estep's, author of Touch of Frost, Favorite Childhood Reads

I'm so pleased to have Jennifer Estep on the blog today to talk about some of the books that were on her shelf as a girl! Hope you enjoy finding out about them as much as I did!



Greetings and salutations! First of all, I want to thank Amber for having me on the blog today.Thanks so much, Amber!

So today, Amber asked me to talk a little bit about my favorite childhood reads. One of my favorite memories is going to the library every Saturday with my mom to pick out books to read for the week. I read a ton of books when I was a kid, but I had my favorites, the ones that I checked out time and time again. Here are some of the books and series that I read over and over:

Just as Long as We’re Together by Judy Blume: I always enjoyed reading this book about two friends who struggle to stay friends but eventually find their way back to each other, despite everything that’s going on in their lives.

The Baby-sitters Club series: I can’t even tell you how many times I read these books, but I always loved hanging out with Kristy, Claudia, Stacey, and Mary Anne, and reading all about their adventures.

The Encyclopedia Brown series: I loved these books with their quirky, clever logic puzzles and mysteries. Try as I might, I could never figure out the answer before Encyclopedia did.

The Nancy Drew books: I also read all kinds of Nancy Drew books, from the old classic versions to the new ones that were modernized and updated. Just like Encyclopedia Brown, Nancy always figured out the mystery instead of me.

The Sweet Valley High series: Oh, Elizabeth and Jessica. I spent many hours reading about you and your friends at Sweet Valley High, and I always thought it would be fun to go to your school.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien: I loved this book about a group of clever rats who band together to help a mouse and her family.

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls: This is a touching, heartwarming, and ultimately bittersweet story about a boy and the love that he has for his two dogs. The ending makes me cry every single time.

What about you guys? What are some of your favorite childhood reads? What are some of your favorite YA books today?

Jennifer Estep writes the Mythos Acad­emy young adult urban fan­tasy series for Kens­ing­ton. The books focus on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl who has the gift of psy­chom­e­try, or the abil­ity to know an object’s his­tory just by touch­ing it. After a seri­ous freak-out with her magic, Gwen is shipped off to Mythos Acad­emy, a school for the descen­dants of ancient war­riors like Spar­tans, Valkyries, Ama­zons, and more.

Touch of Frost, the first book in the series, was published July 26. First Frost, a prequel e-story to the series, is available now as a 99-cent download. Kiss of Frost, the second book, will hit shelves on Nov. 29. Visit www.jenniferestep.com for excerpts and more information.

Thanks so much to:

2 comments:

  1. These were some of my favorites too! I loved everything Judy Blume wrote, and was mad for the Sweet Valley books. I read them from middle school on up to the college series. Babysitter's Club were my back-ups/filler for when I was waiting for the latest Sweet Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli -- Thanks! Glad you liked the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen