Saturday, April 28, 2012

Second Character Saturday 1

Hannah over at In the Best Words started up a new meme which I love and will try to participate in as much as possible. Saturdays are now dedicated to honor the characters that don't always get their voices heard, who support (or work to destroy) our beloved protagonists. This is for the third wheel in the love triangle (can you have wheels on a triangle?), for the BFFs, the family members, or even just the kind and loving (or deceitful and creepy) stranger who shows up and changes the game. We all know these stories wouldn't hold up without support so I'd like to take the time to highlight the best secondary characters I come across. This is an opportunity to talk about what makes these characters special, maybe to speculate what their world would be like without them, or maybe cast them in their own primary roles.

Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Ah Roar, you sunk into Under the Never Sky and thought I wouldn't notice you. But how could I not? Your skill with the blade had me interested right away. Let's not forget to mention your easy-going attitude and instant connection with Aria and Perry (though you've known Perry for quite a while).

But you know what really sold me? It was that you already had a love. You loved Perry's sister and were actively searching her out. I loved that you were torn between your love for her and your sense of duty to your village.

Basically in a very grave situation, you broke the tension. You seemed to understand both Aria and Perry and were able to help them understand each other. You helped make us laugh too. 

Which has got to be why you are the first secondary character I choose!

Side note: I'm not really sure why I addressed this to the fictional character but I did and I'm going with it. What did you all think of Roar?

4 comments:

  1. Okay, love this meme! Also, great choice! Roar was probably my favorite character in the book. I love funny guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he was a pretty nice character as well. I really enjoyed knowing about him and i also loved the romance between him and Perry's sister. I hope it's a happy ending for them.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Roar too! He added so much to the book. He's an all around amazing character and his energy is great. I want to be friends with him too! I also love how you wrote this like you are talking to him =) Thanks so much for joining me in honoring the great secondary characters out there!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen