Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday 81 and Top Ten Tuesday 24

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that pageBe careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Nua held a knife, a switchblade with a polished steel blade for her to see. His lips twisted into a menacing snarl as he touched the tip of it to Violet's neck, just below her left ear, and traced a fiery path along her jawline. 
--Pg. 231 of an ARC of "The Last Echo" by Kimberly Derting

Yeah, I know what you guys are thinking. It's super lame that I left you on SUCH a cliffhanger. I mean, Violet's life is on the line at this point. I'm freaking out and I know what happens. But such is the way of this novel! I'm almost through with it and I love it. Hope everyone picks it up and that you all do too!

What's your teaser?

Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Favorite Literary Characters
I don't think I could pick just ten if my life depended on it so I'm not going to think about this one too hard and I'm going to note that I'll probably miss a lot of my favorites too. So in no particular order, here is a representation of some of my favorite characters.

1) Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games by Collins

2) Bellatrix LeStrange of Harry Potter by Rowling

3) Tris from Divergent by Roth

4) Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Hodkin

5) Gemma Doyle from A Great and Terrible Beauty by Bray

6) Violet from The Body Finder by Derting

7) Riley Blackthorne from The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Oliver

8) Adam from Shatter Me by Mafi

9) Aria from Under the Never Sky by Rossi

10) Sam from Incarnate by Meadows

Honorable mentions- Four from Divergent, Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, Peeta from The Hunger Games, President Snow from The Hunger Games, Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, Professor Snape from Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Miss Moore from A Great and Terrible Beauty, Vee from Slide and Delaney from Fracture...too name a few.

9 comments:

  1. Great TTT list. It saddens me that I have yet to read all the books you mentioned, though. I really need to get on that. Bellatrix really is a great character, as is Katniss - but I want to know more about Noah ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Here is mine: http://inbetweenbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday-falling-in-love-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh!! I need to get a copy of The Last Echo ASAP!! Great teaser! Love your top ten favorite characters! :)

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser and pick of choices for "top ten favourite literary characters". Here's my teaser:
    http://wishingonashootingstarreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/tusday-teasers.html?m=1

    Thanks for the share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Last Echo was one I've heard for so long, but never checked out. I will now. Thanks:D

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday-april-24th.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter characters are like Lay's potato chips. You can't pick just one.

    Also, that was just mean with the teaser :-)

    Here's my Top 10 and Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, Bellatrix? But... she killed Sirius!
    Adam is pretty much perfection. I had Juliette though - I love the way she views the world.
    I think Riley is growing on me - all through the first and second books, I just wanted her to talk to Beck about everything that was going on and trust him already.
    Can't wait to read The Last Echo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noah was on my list too! I have to say though that I'm surprised by Bellatrix :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That was a cliffhanger - such a tease you are.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen