Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
The story of a girl figuring out the truths and illusions of life and love, both in the nostalgic past and in the very real now. Laugh-out-loud humor combines with a hint of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.
The cure for a broken heart? Go vintage and live like it’s 1962!
Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, isn’t just cheating on her. He’s cheating with an online girlfriend. So Mallory decides to swear off boys and modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to “go vintage” and return to a simpler time. She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous.
The list proves to be trickier than it looks. Obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how intriguing she finds Oliver (er, Jeremy's cousin). But with the help of her sister, Mallory will finish the list and find peace. .
Somehow.
Going Vintage is out 2013 by Bloomsbury.


I choose this because it sounds so unique and adorable. I love that it is adding a new spin on a contemporary and the fact that the main character uses this to get through her break up tells me a lot about her. I'm really excited to get my hands on this!

6 comments:

  1. It does sound rather adorable. And impressive task for the protagonist lol.

    Maura @ Monster of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this one after seeing it on your blog. Although i did add another books aswell.

    Great pick!

    My WoW: http://wishingonashootingstarreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this yesterday and love the look of it - great pick!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going Vintage sounds like such a fun contemporary novel! I can't wait to see what kinds of tasks she has to complete... I'm sure nothing will be as simple as they seem. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh what a great pick! This is definitely going on my TBR list. I loved Lindsey Leavitt's last novel and this one sounds really awesome especially with the whole vintage thing. :D

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I featured this too this week! Exactly right? This one sure sounds a lot of FUN ;) Awesome pick! :D

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen