Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Revel, Linked and Unravel Me

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Revel by Maurissa Guibord
There's an island off the coast of Maine that's not on any modern map. Shrouded in mist and protected by a deadly reef, Trespass Island is home to a community of people who guard the island and its secrets from outsiders. Seventeen-year-old Delia grew up in Kansas, but has come here in search of her family and answers to her questions: Why didn't her mother ever talk about Trespass Island? Why did she fear the open water? But Delia's not welcome and soon finds herself enmeshed in a frightening and supernatural world where ancient Greek symbols adorn the buildings and secret ceremonies take place on the beach at night. Sean Gunn, a handsome young lobsterman, befriends Delia and seems willing to risk his life to protect her. But it's Jax, the coldly elusive young man she meets at the water's edge, who finally makes Delia understand the real dangers of life on the island. Delia is going to have to fight to survive. Because there are monsters here. And no one ever leaves Trespass alive.
Revel is out  February 12th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

An island guarded by people keeping a secret and real monsters? All I need to know! I'm sold.

Linked by Imogen Howson
Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.

Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world.

Riveting, thought-provoking and utterly compelling, Linked will make you question what it really means to be human.
Linked is out 2013 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing.

I love a good twin story and this concept is just brilliant.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
No summary yet.
Unravel Me is out February 5th 2013 by HarperCollins.

Gotta have this one because I loved Shatter Me. It was one of the best books I read last year and I can't wait to dive back into the world and words Mafi has created!

What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Revel sounds awesome! I might have to make a note of it...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three awesome choices! I'm especially excited for linked (love twin stories!) and I about died of happiness when I snagged a copy of Unravel Me at ALA! Shatter Me was completely amazing, so I can't wait to read book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linked sure did intrigued me and I can't wait for Unravel Me. Awesome picks! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking that almost everyone who read Shatter Me is dying for the sequel.

      Delete
  4. All of these are really great picks! I'm most looking forward to Revel and Linked but that's mainly because I haven't read Shatter Me, yet (I know, shame on me...)! The covers are all so great. I hope that Linked is as good as it sounds - sounds complicated and I hope it doesn't turn out to be jumbled and all sorts of crazy hard to follow.

    As always, great picks!
    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Linked can pull off it's odd vibe too. Jumbled is the perfect way of putting it!

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes and YES! All three sound so amazing and I can't wait to read them! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow LOVE your picks this week! Revel and the whole island concept sounds so intriguing and Linked seems beyond amazing! The cover of that one is just GORGEOUS. And of course I am excited for Unravel Me too. :D

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen