Friday, December 21, 2012

Let's Talk About Riffle

A few months ago I got an email in my inbox asking me if I'd like to join up with Riffle. I went to look at the links they provided me and found out it's sort of like Goodreads and Shelfari but is directly linked to Facebook. On Riffle, you add all the books you've read or want to read and the stuff you recommend others to read. It also seems like you make lists though I really haven't dabbled into that much yet.

If people "like" what you've recommended then you gain influence. Anyway, I think this site is set up pretty cool because you get to pick an expertise. I choose YA and it links you up with others that chose that too.

Anyway, I've joined Riffle now and I wanted to know if any of you had also joined so that we can follow each other.

You can find me under Amber Johnston Mitchell or the email address potterhead22@yahoo.com.

Also, I have 15 invites so if you are a book blogger/author and want to be on Riffle, please let me know in the comments below and I'll invite you!

This begs another question too. What do you think of all these books sites popping up everywhere?

6 comments:

  1. I've received an invite to Riffle too - and I signed up, but I'm not sure if I really see it's use. For me, it doesn't seem too different than Goodreads, and I don't see myself investing time into something that is so similar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound really cool, but do you have to connect it to Facebook to be able to use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to use your facebook account. That poses a problem for me too since I have kept my facebook account mostly personal.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah. I don't think I'd use it just for that reason. I like to keep my Facebook pretty private from my bookish life.. maybe if they connect it to Twitter one day! (:

      Delete
  3. Hi Amber,
    I haven't been a big users of book sites, but it's hard to fault a site that encourages reading, and it's interesting that Riffle lets you choose your genre. So I'm game! Please do invite me.
    Best,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for my email. I sent it to the email provided on your website. I want to make sure I link it right for you!

      Delete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen